I wanted to make a quick post that ties with another post I had made late last year. I had posted ‘Books I’d Like to Read in 2017‘. That list consisted of the following books:
I have marked the ones I have read with a red ‘X’ next to them. I’m quite proud of myself for getting a good chunk of these books finished already. Plus, for just about all the ones I have read, I’ve gone on to read more in the series. I’ve actually already finished The Raven Cycle series and am currently reading the second book in The Grisha trilogy. Unfortunately, Peace Talks still doesn’t have a release date yet, so I’m not sure if I’ll manage to get that one read this year if it doesn’t come out. But, that’s all I really wanted to say in this post.
Happy reading! :)
I stumbled upon Emily’s 17 in 2017 post and liked the idea of picking out certain books/series that I would like to read this coming year. I am a mood reader, so there’s no guarantee that I’ll actually read these specific books, but I think it’ll help me narrow it down when I’m looking for what to read next.
- Peace Talks by Jim Butcher – This is the sixteenth book in the Dresden Files series. One of my favorite series, mind you. I believe it was originally supposed to come out this year but it didn’t. And there’s still no release date for it, which makes me sad. But I’m really hoping it’ll come out sometime next year! I’m gonna cry if it doesn’t…
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – I asked Emily if she would be interested in doing a buddy read with this book and she agreed! So we’re going to do that. I’m not sure when yet…we should figure that out.
- A Destiny of Dragons by T.J. Klune – the second book in the Tales From Verania series. I fell madly in love with the first book and I cannot wait for the second! I believe it’s supposed to come out sometime in June. I NEED IT NOW, DAMMIT!
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff – I tried this book a couple of weeks ago but just wasn’t in the mood. I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway and I would really like to read it and post a review! But if I’m not in the mood to read it I don’t want that keeping me from enjoying the book. So I’ll try again sometime next year!
- The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey – the second book in The Monstrumologist series. I read the first book earlier this year and liked it so I would like to continue this series. The library didn’t have the second book for some reason so I’m hoping they will get it. Otherwise I’ll probably buy it.
- Against the Grain by Charlie Cochet – the fifth book in the THIRDS series. I also started this series earlier this year and fell in love with both the plot and the characters! Unfortunately my library doesn’t have the fifth book, although they have the sixth and seventh, so I’ll probably have to buy this one too.
- Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath – the first in the Jack Daniels mystery series. This seems like a fun read and the synopsis reminds me of the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich, which I really enjoyed and need to finish as well.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – the first in The Grisha trilogy. I’ve heard many good things about this series and the ‘sequel’ series, Six of Crows, sounds really good as well.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – the first in The Raven Cycle series. I feel like there has been quite a bit of hype over this series, especially because the last book came out earlier this year. It sounds like a good read so I may give this one a try after I finish up Half Lost. Unless something else captures my interest before then.
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – the first in the Hush, Hush series. This series has been on my book list for a long time so I would like to finally get around to reading it. It’s only four books long so it shouldn’t be that hard to get through.
Of course there are hundreds of more books I would like to read but these are just a few that I may or may not get around to reading sometime in 2017. Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think? Are there any specific books you plan on reading next year? Let me know!
Happy reading! :)
Yes, that’s right! 100 followers. I seriously can’t believe it’s happened. I’m mean, I was excited when I got 5, and now multiple that by 20! It honestly boggles my mind, imagining that over 100 people want to listen to me ramble on about things, but I’m truly honored and wanted to make a quick post saying thanks! So to everyone that follows my blog, THANK YOU! <3 I thank each and every one of you for supporting me and my blog! I know I’ve slowed down on posts this year, due to life mostly, but I’m going to try my best to keep at it! Wish me luck!
Once again I’m making a quick post to explain why I’ve been absent for awhile. I know a lot of bloggers feel like it’s not necessary to apologize for taking a small hiatus, but a lot has been going down and I just thought it would be nice to get a little more personal with you guys, since I don’t very often. Anyway, if you’ve read a couple of my last posts I believe I mentioned that I was taking an online class. Well, I finished that up and naturally thought I would have more time to be more active with my blogging once I was finished. But I was wrong. Obviously.
The main reason I haven’t had any time to do anything is my family has been trying to sell our house since the spring and we finally got a bite. Due to certain circumstances, we didn’t have very much time to move out. Three weeks, to be exact. A little less, even. So we had three weeks to move everything out and between that and work, as usual, I had absolutely no free time. But we did it. And then hopped on a plane to go visit some family for a week. I just got back yesterday and now have three weeks until the fall semester starts.
I’m not sure how much I’ve talked about school, but after taking a three year break I’m finally returning to get my bachelor’s degree. I’m excited, yet dreading it. I haven’ taken a math class in…four years? And now I’m jumping right into Brief Calculus. Yippee. I’m just glad I already have my associates. Otherwise I feel like I’d be in even more trouble. Either way, I’m planning on keeping both jobs and going to school so my schedule will be a bit sketchy for awhile, but I’ll do my best to at least do my weekly memes. Although, I’ve been meaning to be better about reviews as well. I actually won a Goodreads giveaway a couple weeks ago and once I get around to reading that book I will definitely post a review.
But yeah, that about sums up what’s been going on with me for the past month. I’ll need to sit down and catch up on everyone else’s posts as well. Plus I believe I was tagged in a few things…
Once again, thanks for listening to me ramble on~! Happy reading! :)
I just wanted to make a quick post to apologize for being rather non-existent these past couple of weeks. I was actually enjoying an amazing vacation in Hawaii. I was planning on making a post before leaving, but yeah…procrastination! This is my second day back and I’m still trying to adjust to the time zone again and honestly I’m still in vacation-mode. Which will suck tomorrow when I return to work. But I wanted to give everyone a heads-up. Also, I’ve never really done a super personal post before, but I think I may do one about my trip. Just for fun!
Happy reading! :) And mahalo (thanks) for listening to me ramble, as usual~!