Well, obviously I haven’t been active on this blog for awhile. A major struggle of mine is staying motivated to continuously post. I usually don’t have a problem getting started, just a problem to keep going. I’ve been in the mood to try to become more active, once again, and I’m hoping I will be more successful than I have in the past. I thought a good idea to help with that motivation is to start a challenge!
I participated in the Beat the Backlist Challenge for 2018 but, unsurprisingly, I didn’t remain active for long. So I’m going to give it another try this year!
The Beat the Backlist Challenge is hosted by NovelKnight. If you take a look at their page you’ll find they are making a few changes to the challenge this year, but the ultimate goal is the same – to read those books that have been clogging up your TBR list for awhile now, as in any book published in 2020 or earlier. And that’s it! I generally read older books anyway, so that’s what originally drew me to this challenge in the first place. I’m a little bummed they aren’t doing a photo challenge this year – since I’d like to also be more active on my book-related Instagram (@allboutthembooksandstuff) – but I’ll still try to post some pics a few times here and there as well.
However, they did create a reading prompt list – which is purely optional- so I think that’ll still be fun! I won’t completely revolve my reading choices around it, since I’m such a mood reader, but it’ll be fun to see how many I can complete. They have a 52 and a 24 prompt list and, knowing myself, I think the 24 prompt list will be more attainable. They made it into a check list or a BINGO card.
So, that’s my start to try becoming more active. I might begin doing the WWW Wednesday posts monthly again – I haven’t been reading quite enough to be able to post them weekly – and I may do a few tags as well.
Thanks for being patient with me if you’re still following my blog! I would also like to be better at reading posts from the blogs I follow so you may see me lurking around~
Happy reading! :)
Hey everyone! I stumbled upon Emily’s post about the Beat the Backlist Challenge, hosted by NovelKnight, and decided it looked like fun! I’ve never involved myself in a reading challenge besides the Goodreads one, so I thought, why not give this one a try? It sounds fun and it’s easy enough for a lazy potato like me to participate in! :D
The goal of this reading challenge is to read books published before 2018. Easy, right? Maybe not for those who love to read new release after new release, but I rarely ever read new releases, so I thought this challenge would be perfect for me!
This seems like a neat challenge because you are assigned a team. Each team earns points by reading books published before 2018 and at the end of each month one person is drawn from the team with the most points to receive a book of their choice! Awesome, right?
There is also a photo challenge via Instagram, which is just for fun. I actually decided to make an Instagram account solely related to books and my blog so check it out! I literally made it 15 minutes ago, so there’s nothing on it now. But that will soon change! As long as I remember to post… ^^;
I made this post as a requirement for signing up for this challenge so once I’m all signed up I will add which team I’m on!
Goals aren’t required for this challenge, but I thought I would set some to make myself more active and motivated!
- Participate in at least 2 of the 4 Instagram prompts each month
- Write one review of a book dedicated to this challenge at least every 3 months (since I’ve been seriously slacking in the review department)
- Have 4 out of every 5 books I read be dedicated to this challenge
And there we go! Interested in this challenge? Click the linked text above and go for it! Link your sign-up post in the comments so I know you’re joining! I’d love to see if we’re on the same team!
Happy reading! :)
So, yeah, I’ve been pretty inactive lately. I started school a couple of weeks ago (for those who don’t know, I returned to school last fall after a 3 year break and I’m finally working on obtaining my bachelor’s degree) so that’s been keeping me super busy. I’ve also been job hunting, which sucks. I haven’t had to do it in years and my gawd, it’s awful. BUT, I do have an interview this week. So wish me luck! :D
Anyway, I stumbled upon Erika’s post and decided that I would like to join her in being more active with posting. And what’s being more active then posting for 50 days straight? So a big thanks to Erika for coming up with the list of questions! Which are:
- What book did you last read??
- What book are you currently reading??
- Do you read books just because you saw them on tumblr??
- Is there a book that you think needs a bigger fandom??
- Do you have a snack while reading or do you close the book first??
- Can you ever stop in the middle of a page or do you have to finish the page or chapter first??
- Do you borrow books from people??
- Do you lend your books out to friends??
- How do you find the Booklr community??
- What would you like to change/see more of in the community??
- Do you post reviews??
- How many books have you read this month??
- How many books have you read this year??
- Do you set yourself a reading challenge every year??
- Do you set yourself a TBR list at the start of the month??
- What book has been on your TBR pile the longest??
- Is there a book on your TBR pile that you don’t think you will read
- Do you know anyone else that likes books??
- Why did you start your book blog??
- Is it how you thought it would be??
- Do you write??
- Tell us a little about your writing.
- How did you get into reading??
- Have you read a book that was really hyped up but you didn’t enjoy??
- Do you prefer physical books, Ebooks or audiobooks?? (/there is no wrong answer)
- Free space (Ask any question you want)
- Name a book that you own starting with (Pick a letter). Have you read it?? Did you like it?? If you haven’t read it, are you looking forward to it?
- The first book that comes to mind, tell us about it. Rant
- Have you ever bought a book because the cover was so nice??
- Can you leave a series unfinished or do you have to own all the books and try them all??
- How do you think you would be described if you were in a book??
- “They edged towards the shaking box that had just been delivered.” Should they open it?? You decide what happens next.
- How do you organise your shelves??
- What do you do to mark your pages??
- Do you have a lot of bookmarks?? or just a few??
- Favourite bookmark??
- Is there a book that you think everyone should read??
- Favourite genre??
- What book that has made you cry??
- How do you feel when you find a typo/spelling error in a book??
- Do you put a book under your pillow at night??
- How do people read in the bath?? Please tell me, I’m scared of getting my book wet….
- Free rant, go ahead, we all know you want to.
- Favourite book quote, go.
- Do you take your own book photos??
- Do you have a bookish tattoo?? Do you want one??
- How many books do you take when you go out??
- Do you write, highlight, underline etc in your books
- Worst book you’ve ever read??
- Do you read classics?? If so, what’s your favourite??
And there you have it! I’ll be posting once more today to answer the first question~