A huge thanks to Jess @ Life: Books, The Arts, and Nature for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Please give her blog a look if you haven’t already. Once again I’ll mention that I’m a major procrastinator, since she nominated me almost a month ago, but I definitely wanted to make sure I got this post up because I am truly honored that she chose me as one of the people she gave this award to! It just took me awhile to complete. But anyway, enough of my rambling…
“The whole idea of the Sunshine Award is that you nominate eleven bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative, and inspiring.”
– Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
Questions & Answers:
1. What is your favorite genre of books?
Fantasy. Definitely fantasy. I’ve come to find life on the boring side at times, so I enjoy reading about people, places, and events that you wouldn’t come across in everyday life.
2. What have you always wanted? Did you get it?
Well, when I was born my parents had a Basset Hound named Bruno, but when I was two-years-old they had to give him away because my older sister became allergic. So during my elementary years I always wanted a dog. Finally, when I was in the seventh grade, me and my sister started saving up to buy a dog that was hypoallergenic. Not long afterward, we brought a little Shih Tzu puppy home. He is now eleven years old and super spoiled. We also rescued a little Terrier mix about five years ago. She is also very spoiled. So yes, I did get what I’ve always wanted! :D
3. What is your greatest strength or weakness?
Gah, it sounds like I’m on a job interview… xD Hmmm, I would have to say my greatest strength is that I’m a fairly mellow person. I ‘go-with-the-flow’ and don’t tend to keep myself caught up on unimportant things. My sister is the opposite – she has some anxiety issues – so I’m thankful that I don’t over-think everything. As for my greatest weakness? I’d have to say my procrastination. I usually always get things done in the end, but I think it would help if I didn’t wait so long to do certain things.
4. If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, who would you pick and what would you do?
I would actually pick one of my dogs. I think it’d be a very interesting experience. Then I would be able to sleep on the couch all day and avoid doing things that I should be doing.
5. What are you craving right now?
A salad. A really good salad. I’ve been eating rather crappy this past week so something healthy sounds amazing.
6. Marvel or DC? If neither, tell why.
Marvel all the way. I mean, I love Batman and all, but Spider-Man is my favorite. Plus, I actually read Marvel comics. I haven’t strayed to the DC side…yet.
7. What is your favorite snack while reading?
None. I don’t really eat when I read.
8. Mountains or beaches?
I was just at the beach not too long ago. I’ve only been a few times in my life. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. But, I think I like the whole foresty-mountain scene just a bit more.
9. What are you currently reading? Do you enjoy it so far?
Unleashed by John Levitt, the third book in the Dog Days series. I’m only two chapters in, but yes, I am enjoying it so far.
10. What do you do in your free time?
Read, obviously, catch up on TV shows and anime, play video games, and hang out with friends. Nothing overly adventurous at the moment since I’m constantly at work.
11. Do you believe in ghosts?
Honestly, I’m not quite sure. I occasionally watch that sort of show on TV and I enjoy hearing about experiences from people I know, but I’ve never had my own ‘ghost sighting’ yet. I’m a fairly realistic person at heart, which is probably why I enjoy fantasy so much, so sometimes it’s hard for me to believe in that sort of thing. It’s more like I want to believe than actually believing.
I tried to pick a few people that haven’t received this award. If I nominated you and you aren’t interested in participating that’s perfectly fine! :) If I didn’t nominate you feel free to still answer any of the questions below in the comments section so that I can read them.
Questions for My Nominee’s:
- What’s your favorite season of the year (ex. fall, winter) and why?
- If you happened to borrow Mr. Peabody’s Wabac (time-machine), what time period would you visit?
- Who is your favorite character in The Lion King? If you haven’t watched it, shame on you.
- Current favorite song?
- If you were forced to play a card game, and your life was the prize, which game would you prefer playing? (ex. poker, black jack, etc.)
- What is your favorite book series of all time?
- Do you enjoy camping?
- What’s your preferred type of weather?
- What’s the quickest time it has taken you to finish a book?
- Have you ever ridden a horse?
- How many books have you read this year so far?