Last December I had posted ‘Books I’d Like to Read in 2017‘ and then in July I had posted ‘Reading Progress 2017‘. So I thought I would make one last post about the list of books I was going to try to read this past year. That list consisted of the following books:
- Peace Talks by Jim Butcher
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson [X]
- A Destiny of Dragons by T.J. Klune [X]
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff
- The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey
- Against the Grain by Charlie Cochet [X]
- Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath [X]
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo [X]
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater [X]
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I have marked the ones I have read with a red ‘X’ next to them.
Since my post in July, I have read the first four books in the Jack Daniels series by J.A. Konrath (the first book listed above) and I have recently finished up the Grisha trilogy. Unfortunately, Peace Talks STILL doesn’t have a release date yet. I believe the author just completed another book of short stories for that series and is now focusing on Peace Talks. I’m hoping it’ll come out sometime next year. I didn’t get around to re-trying Stromdancer either – maybe next year. Emily said she’d like to buddy read The Curse of the Wendigo so I think we might try after we finish up The Beauty of Darkness. I also didn’t get around to Hush, Hush.
Overall, however, I think I did a pretty good job of getting what I wanted to read read. So yay me! I think I’ll make a post of what I’d like to read in 2018 as well. Keep an eye out!
Have you read anything listed above? If so, what did you think? Or maybe you plan on reading it! Let me know in the comments!
Happy reading! :)