I stumbled upon Emily’s 17 in 2017 post and liked the idea of picking out certain books/series that I would like to read this coming year. I am a mood reader, so there’s no guarantee that I’ll actually read these specific books, but I think it’ll help me narrow it down when I’m looking for what to read next.
- Peace Talks by Jim Butcher – This is the sixteenth book in the Dresden Files series. One of my favorite series, mind you. I believe it was originally supposed to come out this year but it didn’t. And there’s still no release date for it, which makes me sad. But I’m really hoping it’ll come out sometime next year! I’m gonna cry if it doesn’t…
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson – I asked Emily if she would be interested in doing a buddy read with this book and she agreed! So we’re going to do that. I’m not sure when yet…we should figure that out.
- A Destiny of Dragons by T.J. Klune – the second book in the Tales From Verania series. I fell madly in love with the first book and I cannot wait for the second! I believe it’s supposed to come out sometime in June. I NEED IT NOW, DAMMIT!
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff – I tried this book a couple of weeks ago but just wasn’t in the mood. I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway and I would really like to read it and post a review! But if I’m not in the mood to read it I don’t want that keeping me from enjoying the book. So I’ll try again sometime next year!
- The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey – the second book in The Monstrumologist series. I read the first book earlier this year and liked it so I would like to continue this series. The library didn’t have the second book for some reason so I’m hoping they will get it. Otherwise I’ll probably buy it.
- Against the Grain by Charlie Cochet – the fifth book in the THIRDS series. I also started this series earlier this year and fell in love with both the plot and the characters! Unfortunately my library doesn’t have the fifth book, although they have the sixth and seventh, so I’ll probably have to buy this one too.
- Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath – the first in the Jack Daniels mystery series. This seems like a fun read and the synopsis reminds me of the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich, which I really enjoyed and need to finish as well.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – the first in The Grisha trilogy. I’ve heard many good things about this series and the ‘sequel’ series, Six of Crows, sounds really good as well.
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – the first in The Raven Cycle series. I feel like there has been quite a bit of hype over this series, especially because the last book came out earlier this year. It sounds like a good read so I may give this one a try after I finish up Half Lost. Unless something else captures my interest before then.
- Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – the first in the Hush, Hush series. This series has been on my book list for a long time so I would like to finally get around to reading it. It’s only four books long so it shouldn’t be that hard to get through.
Of course there are hundreds of more books I would like to read but these are just a few that I may or may not get around to reading sometime in 2017. Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think? Are there any specific books you plan on reading next year? Let me know!
Happy reading! :)