The rules for this award are as follows:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).
How My Blog Was Born:
There’s really not much of a story here, unfortunately. My good friend Emily, one of the lovely people who nominated me for this award, began her own blog and I happened to find out about it soon after. I enjoy Emmy’s ramblings and told her so. She proceeded to pester me about creating my own blog but I wasn’t sure. As many of the people who follow me know, I’m a major procrastinator, so I didn’t think keeping up a blog was my kind of thing (honestly, I’m a bit surprised I’ve stuck with it as long as I have). But reading has always been a passion of mine and I thought what the heck, why not? I wouldn’t mind reading about people, besides Emily, ramble on about books. And I’m fairly good at rambling myself. So, after a good deal of peer pressure from Emmy, I began my blog. I don’t post as often as I would like, but I greatly enjoy reading the posts of others. I hope to be a part of the blogging community for a good while longer.
Honestly, I’m not all that great at giving advice. Or, at least I don’t think I am. I would much rather prefer simply listening to people than giving them feedback. But I’ll give it a whirl. My advice it to just be yourself. Don’t worry about the number of likes or followers you have. Do your own thing. As long as you’re happy with it, who cares what other people think? Sure, blogging is as much about interacting with others as it is posting your thoughts on certain subjects, but if you’re not posting what you want to post then what’s the point? Plus, everyone I’ve interacted with on here is so incredibly nice, so if you’re afraid of what others will have to say about your thoughts…don’t be. I feel like this is what a lot of people are saying, but it’s freakin’ great advice. So listen to it.
Guess what? I don’t have any. My laziness is kicking in, plus I feel like a lot of people have already been nominated for this award, so I’m not picking anyone specific. If you’re reading this right now and haven’t been nominated, I nominate you. If you want a chance to tell your story and give your own bit of advice, then do it! I hereby give you permission to do so! Go my pretties, go! *maniacal laughter in the background* Eh hem…but yeah. That about wraps it up for this award.
Happy reading, all! :)
Also, this doesn’t have to do with the award at all, but I just found this through a friend on Facebook…I thought I would share it with you all. Some of you will get it…some of you won’t. But it’s fantastic.