A big thanks to Analee from Book Snacks for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! She is one of my favorite bloggers so please go check hers out if you haven’t already! :)
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link their website.
- Insert the award logo in your blog post.
- Answer the ten questions that were provided by the nominator.
- Nominate ten bloggers.
- Create ten new questions for your nominees.
Questions from Analee:
1. What is your favorite book cover? Why?
Ermm….this is tough. I do like the Sookie Stackhouse series covers, because they’re fun and cartoon-ish looking. The Mortal Instruments are awesome-looking as well, but I used them in a different tag so I was trying to pick out something different.
2. What is your least favorite book you read this year?
Probably Blue is for Nightmares by Laurie Faria Stolaz. I just couldn’t get into it. The plot was…decent, but I couldn’t relate to any of the characters.
3. What makes you love a book?
The characters. I mean, of course I love a great plot, but if said great plot is lacking in amazing characters than it really just takes the joy out of the whole story. I generally get attached to characters pretty easily, so if I read a book where I’m not loving any of the characters it’s a bit of a turn-off.
4. Do you snack while reading? If so, what do you snack on?
Not normally. I usually read with both hands on the book so that limits my ‘snacking-while-reading’ ability. If I am eating something I’ll usually be watching TV instead.
5. What is the longest time you’ve gone without reading?
Hmmm, honestly I’m not sure. I’m usually always reading one book or another, even if it takes me awhile to complete it. I occasionally get into slumps when I’m more concerned with playing video games, hanging out with friends, or catching up on TV shows, but I can’t give an exact amount of time I’ve gone without reading.
6. What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?
The Hunger Games. I think they did a pretty awesome job with those movies.
7. What is the largest amount of money you have ever spent on books at one time?
Gah….how am I supposed to remember that??? xD Seriously, I have no idea.
8. Which books have you re-read many times?
The first couple of Harry Potter books. I’ve read the last few only a few times – actually I’ve only read the seventh one once – but that’s why I’m currently re-reading them!
9. Which book character would you want as your significant other? Why?
Ughhhh….hmmm….gahhhh….errrrg….can you tell I’m having trouble with this question? I’m going to have to say Harry Dresden from The Dresden Files series, by Jim Butcher. For those of you who have been reading my blog, I tend to mention this series a lot and there’s a reason for that. Harry Dresden is an AMAZING main character and I love him. But not in a creepy way…of course. But yeah, he’s so sarcastic and nerdy and amusing and you would never be bored around this man. He does have quite a bit of emotional baggage…but who doesn’t? So yeah. I pick him.
10. Which book character do you think is most like you? What character would you most like to be?
That’s cheating Analee! That’s two different questions in one! xD I can’t really think of one that’s most like me…but the character I would most like to be would probably be Karrin Murphy, one of the other main characters in the Dresden Files series. She’s pretty much a bad-ass with a smart mouth and a unique sense of humor.
- What is one of the more embarrassing television shows you’ve watched? (Don’t be shy!)
- Who is your favorite ‘side-kick’ or ‘best friend’ in a book series? (ex. Ron Weasley)
- If you were in a book series and, unfortunately, didn’t make it till the end of the book, which book villain would you want to have helped you ‘kick the bucket’?
- Any exciting plans this summer?
- What is the best book you’ve read so far this year?
- If you were a part of the wizarding world of Harry Potter, what kind of wand would you have? (ex. holly and phoenix feather, eleven inches) (Here’s a link to help you out)
- Favorite flavor of gum?
- What’s the longest book you’ve ever read?
- Favorite classic Disney movie? (If you’ve never watched any, favorite childhood movie?)
- What is the newest book you’ve read and what are your thoughts on it?
Soooo, pretty much anyone else I want to nominate has been nominated before. So I don’t want to make people do this post all over again. HOWEVER, if you’ve already been nominated, or even if you haven’t, please consider answering the questions I’ve chosen in a comment below! I would love to read them! <3