My dear Emily has tagged me to participate in another book tag and, as usual, it’s taken me awhile to complete it. But I have done so! Finally…so yeah. Here we go~
1. A popular book or series that you didn’t like.
I’m going to pick Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. I’ve used this book in a few other tags but that’s because I haven’t not liked many books that I’ve read. I don’t know exactly how popular this one is, but I feel like it’s fairly well-known. I didn’t mind the overall plot, but I didn’t like any of the characters. And I simply can’t like a book if I don’t like any of the characters in it.
2. A popular book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Ummm, I’ll say Three Days to Dead by Kelly Meding. I wouldn’t say this one is really popular or hated but I couldn’t really think of anything else so, like Emily, I chose it because it had a lower rating than a lot of other stuff I’ve liked (3.59). I thought this was a great series. It had an action-packed plot and I enjoyed all of the characters. I don’t believe it’s completed yet, so I’m keeping my eye out for the sixth book.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
This one is hard. Usually pairings grow on me. Let’s see…(possible spoiler?) I’m going to choose Faythe and Marc from Rachel Vincent’s Shifters series. I’ve only read the first two books, so I don’t even know if they stay together. But for now that will have to do. I liked Jace better as a romantic interest. Marc is too…’alpha male’ and bossy. Whenever I get around to finishing that series, I’ll see who she ends up with.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
I would say straight up romance. Most books have a touch of romance, but I don’t read many purely romantic books. My mom reads them so we have them around the house, but I don’t read them often. Very occasionally, if I’m in the mood, I’ll pick one up but I mostly need me some action-packed, humorous books to hold my interest.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Bella from Twilight. She’s just dumb. No offense to people who enjoy her as a character, but I personally can’t stand her. Edward I can kind of tolerate…but Bella…just no.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
I actually can’t think of one. There are a few series that I didn’t care for, but I’ve read other stuff by the author which I enjoyed. So none for now. This might change in the future though.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
I would actually just love to see more books from the villains POV. I’m sure there are a decent chunk out there (let me know in the comments if you know of any!), but I can’t think of any off the top of my head. The bad guys have feelings too! Even if most of them are horribly twisted and disturbed…but wouldn’t it still be interesting to read? I think so. Oh, which makes me think of another trope. Bad guys turning good. I mean, it’s usually better for the story and blah blah blah, but I prefer them to remain bad. It’s more fun that way.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Divergent series.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Huh, this is a tough one. I’m going to copy part of Emily’s answer and say Mockingjay. I thought the movie was really good and I’m excited about seeing Part 2.
Done. I tag anyone who would like to participate!
Happy reading! :)