A big thanks to Katandkabookle for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Please go give her block a look! :) This is the second award I’ve received in two days, so I’m extremely happy, and a bit surprised, right now. Let’s just say I’m glad I decided to join the book blogging community! <3
- Thank the person/people who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger/s who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other blogs who have less than or equal to 3000 followers (this rule changes from blogger to blogger, but for the most part, I tried to stick to those who had under 300 followers)
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Me…
- Growing up, I was considered a tomboy. My style is more’girlish’ now, but most of the time you can still catch me being lazy around the house in basketball shorts and a big t-shirt. My mom still doesn’t like that I’ll occasionally wear that kind of attire out in public.
- Besides the Legend of Zelda games, my other two favorites are Halo and Assassin’s Creed.
- Inuyasha was the first anime I ever watched.
- I am a middle child.
- My friend and I have played through a good chunk of the Lego video games, and are absolutely horrible at them. Most of the time it’s because she’s busy blowing stuff up and I’m trying to find a lego animal to ride.
- I played the violin for two years back in elementary school.
- For one of my clay projects back in high school, I created a clay version of the Monster Book of Monsters from Harry Potter.
- The Lion King is my favorite Disney movie.
- I started reading comic books about two years ago. My wallet doesn’t love me anymore because of this, since the ones I read come out on a monthly basis (sometimes twice a month).
- I have two dogs, a Shih Tzu and a Terrier mix.
- I like background noise whenever I’m doing something, like cleaning the house or in the car, but when I read I need absolute peace and quiet.
Questions From Katandkabookle…
1. What’s your biggest pet-peeve?
When it comes to books, I would say when a person returns one of my books dogeared. In general, when people are too clingy.
2. How long does it usually take you to finish a book?
It really depends on how long it is and how much I like it. If I’m really enjoying a book I can finish it in two or three days (one if it’s 300 pages or less), but otherwise it would probably take me a week. I have work and am usually catching up on TV shows or binge watching anime, so I’m not always reading in my spare time.
3. If you were to write an autobiography, what would the title be?
All ‘Bout That One Girl
4. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would travel. Recently I’ve been in a very travel-y mood. Once I got my fill of traveling, however, I would settle down somewhere and open an animal shelter.
5. What is your least favorite book and why?
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause, because I wasn’t able to connect with any of the characters.
6. Favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
Life of Pi. I think they did a really great job with the movie.
7. What book character is the most like you?
This is a tough one. Hmm…I honestly can’t think of anyone at the moment that I’m very similar with, but I’d like to think I have some things in common with Ginny Weasley.
8. Do you prefer hard-covers or paperbacks?
Paperbacks, because they’re cheaper. Also, I just like the feel of them more.
9. Do you like buying books, or borrowing them out?
Borrowing them. The library is my best friend. Unlike a lot of book lovers, I don’t feel the need to buy every book I read.
10. What was the last book you read?
Tiger’s Quest by Colleen Houck.
11. What is your favorite book cover and why?
I like all the covers to The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. They’re really well done and you get a glimpse of most of the characters.
Blogger’s I Nominate…
Most of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated for the Liebster Award. Although I think they all should be awarded again, I don’t want to be that person, so I only nominate one blogger. BUT, to anyone who is reading this, feel free to answer my questions in a comment below. I would love to read them! :)
My 11 Questions…
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Have you always liked to read?
- What are your thoughts on eBooks?
- Favorite genre?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- Have you ever blogged about anything other than books?
- Favorite book series so far?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
- Cake or pie?
- What are you currently reading?
- If you could swap bodies with a character and live as them through an entire book, who would it be, what book, and why?