I was in the mood for a book tag so I thought I’d give this one a go. I noticed Emily did this one awhile ago, but back then I didn’t have a blog. So yeah. I’m doing it now!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’m a mood reader so it really just depends what I feel like reading. Sometimes if I finish an adult fiction book or series, I’ll switch to a YA novel/series. Recently I’ve been trying to steer towards completed series, so that definitely helps me narrow down my next choice.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
I really hate not finishing a book. I’m an extremely nosy person and like to see how things end. BUT, if I really really REALLY am just not getting into the story or connecting with any of the characters I’ll probably drop it. Either that or skim the rest. Depends how long it is.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
Last year was my first year participating in the Goodreads reading challenge. My goal was 100 books, but I only made it to 69. I was more mad about not making it to 70 than not reaching 100…what can I say? I’m slightly OCD. But I was trying my best to catch up. Unfortunately we usually have family in for the holidays so I’m always busy around the end of the year. I dropped my goal down to 50 books this year, only because I was planning on getting a second job or going back to school in the fall. At the moment I am 8 books ahead of schedule though, which makes me happy. However, I have not gotten a second job…or registered for fall classes yet. Which makes me sad…kinda…^^;
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
I LOVED Emmy’s answer for this one. It was fantastic. Just throwin’ that out there. Honestly, it bugs the crap out of me if the covers don’t match. It also bugs me if I own a series where some books are paperback and some are hardback. But usually the latter only happens if the book is a gift (since I usually always buy paperback) or if I really just can’t wait to read a book that I want to buy. Although it ticks me off, I usually don’t do anything about it. I’m cheap and would rather be spending my money on books that I don’t own yet.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Not a lot of my friends are readers, so normally I don’t get to really talk about books with anyone. So in this case I would just keep my thoughts to myself. Now that I have a blog, however, it would probably be easier to find someone who shares my opinion.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
When it comes to books, movies, or TV shows, it doesn’t take a lot for me to start tearing up (has anyone been watching The Vampire Diaries lately??? T_T) So yeah, I most likely couldn’t stop myself from crying. Although if I were in public, I would try to restrain from all-out sobbing and keep it to a small trickle of tears. I do have some self-control. Usually.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
I will most likely re-read it. Because that happens to me all the time (I don’t have the best memory, okay?). That’s one of the reasons why I am currently sticking to completed series. That way I can read the entire series in one go.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
Since not many of my friends read I don’t run into this problem often. But I usually don’t have a problem with lending people books, as long as they return them in the same condition. And don’t dog-ear the pages.
If any pages come back dog-eared…I will start chopping off hands. Just kidding! Maybe. If they returned them in that bad of a condition I would just demand they buy me a new copy! :D
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I really don’t get reading slumps. Occasionally I’ll be preoccupied with catching up on shows or binge watching anime, but it never takes me long to get into a new series that I really enjoy. I’ll re-read some old favorites if the slump’s really bad.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I don’t buy a lot of books new, so not many. There are a few select series that I’ll actually buy new from Barnes and Noble or Amazon, but most of my books are from a used bookstore or I borrow from the library.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It really just depends on the book. If it’s one that I’ve been waiting for forever to come out, or a stand-alone novel, then I will most likely read it right away. If it’s part of a series that I haven’t started it may be there…awhile.
And done. Yay for book tags! I tag anyone who simply wants to do this tag.
I also wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who has liked one of my posts and/or has started to follow my blog! I really appreciate it! <3 I feel like I don’t say these things enough…cause I’m not always a very expressive person. But every time I get a notification from my e-mail account saying that someone has started following me or has liked one of my posts I get SUPER happy. For realz. So yeah, thanks! xD