Emily didn’t actually tag me in this one, but I think it’s implied that I do it. If not, well, I’m doing it anyway!
1. Spring Sun: The days are getting longer and the sun is starting to shine – Name a book that fills you with hope.
I’m going to go with Fire Bringer by David Clement-Davies. This is another of my favorite books (yes, a good chunk of my favorites happen to have talking animals in them – deal with it). This is an amazingly epic story about a young fawn’s journey to bring freedom to his herd, which happens to be controlled by the ruthless stag that murdered his father. Whenever I read this book it simply reminds me why I love reading, not that I need a reminder, and gives me hope that I will find other books I enjoy just as much. I should re-read it sometime soon…
2. Crocuses & Tulips: Spring flowers are starting to sprout everywhere – Name an author or series you just discovered that you want to start or read more from.
Keri Arthur. I just did a review on one of her series and really enjoyed her style of writing. I plan on reading more of her other books ( I actually already own another of her series).
3. A Cool Breeze: The days are getting warmer but are still nice and cool – Name a character that was like a breath of fresh air.
Grubbs from The Demonata series by Darren Shan. Grubbs Grady is one of the main characters in the series. He was like a breath of fresh air because he’s isn’t your typical bad-ass main character that can do no wrong. He’s actually fairly average, if not even a bit weird at times. Suddenly being thrust into a world of demons one night, he doesn’t spontaneously become an all-powerful demon hunting machine. He FREAKS THE FLIP OUT like any normal teenager and gets taken to a mental hospital. Demons scare the crap out of him and he’s not afraid to admit it. He makes all kinds of mistakes, doesn’t want the responsible that eventually weighs on him but still does his best, and just tries to cope with the tragedy that is his life. Plus he’s a larger-than-average, goofy-looking red-head and not some ripped, prince-like hunk like many main male characters happen to be described as.
4. Blossoming Trees: All the trees are bursting with spring color – Show some book covers that remind you of spring.
These were the only two I could think of, and it’s only because they both have plants on them…
5. T-shirts & Shorts: With warmer weather comes cooler clothing – What is your favorite shortest book?
Right now I’m reading a few different comic book series. Do those count? If so, my favorite at the moment is The Amazing Spider-Man. I began buying it after Superior Spider-Man and have really been enjoying it. Thor (who is now a LADY, if you haven’t heard) is also really good.
6. Spring is the Time for New Beginnings: What series or series’ are you hoping to start this year?
Ummm, I’m not really sure. I have an extremely long book list and usually just flip through it after finishing a book or series to see what I feel like reading next. I don’t have any specific ones I need to read for the year, although right now I’m mainly focusing on completed series. Probably just some of the completed series that I currently own, that way I’ll be making more room on my bookshelf for more books.
7. Springtime Beauty: What are some of your favorite spring flowers?
Like Emmy, I’m not sure if this flower is a spring flower, but my favorite flower is the gladiolus.